Friday, March 26, 2010

Short update, day 2 in London

Yesterday was like magic.  The Tweens helped me pick the activities: Natural History Museum, Kensington Gardens for the Diana playground and carved Elvin Oak then Wagamama noodle bar for dinner.  The highlight of the day was the many people we met and conversations shared.  It took us 3 full hours to get going after breakfast as we stayed in the lounge of the hotel talking with new friends.

Physically, we are all getting past the jet lag and accustomed to the Cathedral bells waking us up through the night.  But there is an odd and deep kind of tiredness that comes from being so aware of my surroundings at all times while navigating  unfamiliar situations and places.  So I am not writing enough, but I will!  Today we head out of the city center to our studio flat in the suburbs where I am sure things will calm down. But within the chaos and difficulty there is so much joy and I love London!

No comments:

Post a Comment